Saturday, November 9, 2013

The $3 hair cut

Madaba, Jordan
Saturday, November 9, 2013

Perhaps concerned that I was paying too much at my "regular" barber in Madaba, Frank decided to take me to "his" barber down at the bus station. (Actually, I would have gladly gone back to my barber but when we arrived at the shop today, it was totally torn apart as if for renovation.)

In a country where the line between barber shops and women's hair salons is very, very distinct, I was nervous at (once again) trying to find a barber shop to cut my hair. But, accompanied by Frank, I succeeded in finding a fine hair cut--and an even less expensive one at that.

Here's to adventures in hair-cutting--which are made all the more exciting by the fact that I cannot even begin to explain in Arabic how I'd like my hair done...