Monday, June 3, 2019

A day to roam

Seattle/Kent, Washington

8:15am: Headed out south on my bike to Seward Park to meet a friend. We walked the loop and then back on my bike
10:00am: Headed south to Kent. It should have been shorter than the 18+ miles it took to get there, but the Interurban trail was closed just north of Kent which sent me on an unmarked detour
12:15pm: Found "Cave Man Kitchen" in Kent and enjoyed a very basic beef sandwich. The staff even managed to find me some pickles to add a bit of green material (not a requirement for cavemen, apparently)
1:15pm: Met a friend at the Dilettante Cafe in Kent: molasses cookie and (rare for me) a small coffee
2:16pm: Boarded the #150 bus (with bike in front) for downtown Seattle
3:12pm: Arrived King Street Station and rode home to the CD
3:45pm: Left the house again for a work event
7:45pm: Home at last!

Total: 36.2 miles and a wonderful day of riding, friends, and adventure