Saturday, June 27, 2020

Re-connecting

Lopez Island, Washington

Yesterday afternoon as we were waiting in the ferry line in Anacortes, I heard a familiar name called over the loud speaker: "Will Blank Blank please return to the ticket kiosk for a lost item." Now, this person's name is not so unusual, but I was pretty sure it was him. No answer at first when I texted, but several hours later I got confirmation: yes, it was him.

Later that evening we met my friend and his son down at Fisherman Bay harbor as them disembarked from their boat. So much fun to re-connect after several years--and especially in the middle of socially isolating global pandemic.

And, as another bonus, he gave us some freshly caught shrimp to try. I tried my hand at peeling them (ouch, those guys have sharp edges!) and cooking them, too.

A wonderfully pleasant surprise all around!