Friday, July 3, 2020

Riding to a new soundtrack, part II

Seattle, Washington

Again this morning I headed out early for the Big Loop, my new favorite longer ride. It starts hilly over Mercer Island, and then starting in Redmond, the last 20+ miles are mostly flat. But what has really made the difference is listening to a new soundtrack. For months and months I listened to basically the same songs on Spotify. They DO make me happy, but in recent weeks I started to feel that all this time on my bike could be put to "better" use. Today, after listening to Morning Edition, I listened to two podcasts on NPR One called "Rough Translation"--the June 24 edition "So Long, Black Pete" and the June 10 edition "The Global Legacy of George Floyd." They were educational, fascinating, AND the miles flew by without me looking at my watch.

Don't worry, I listen to my podcasts (or streaming) withOUT earbuds to keep myself alert. But I am a total convert. And I am learning a LOT!

43.7 miles