Monday, November 28, 2022

Starbucks: "Jeju only"!

Seogwipo, Jeju Island, South Korea

The first irony is that the only reason I went to Starbucks was to find some black tea. After combing several food stores, I had been unable to find ANY black tea. Sure enough, Starbucks had a box of lovely (albeit overpriced) black tea for sale. Phew.

But then I noticed the pastries. Most of us can agree that Starbucks' pastries in the States taste like cardboard. But here was a totally new line up: Jeju Peanut Roll, Peanut Mugwort Rice Cake Scone, Jeju Cactus Chocolate Cake, Mugwort & Red Bean Cream Cake--and more! And each pastry had a small sign indicating that these are available on "Jeju Only."

I can report that the Peanut Mugwort Rice Cake Scone was so tasty that I went back two days later and ordered it again.

Jeju Starbucks' pastries: definitely worth a try!